A choice of either a workstation or server setup is available. Server is a basic console setup, whereas the workstation choice is a more extensive configuration using the lightweight Openbox window manager and a range of desktop applications.
Alternately, in lieu of a pre-defined list of Debian packages, the user may specify their own custom list of packages to be installed.
Script tasks include:
backportsrepository, update package list, upgrade packages.
- Install SSH server, create
- Enable periodic TRIM on SSD drives. Create a weekly TRIM job.
- GRUB extras: Add a bit of colour, a bit of sound, and wallpaper!
- Modify /etc/sudoers.d/ to allow sudo group members extra privileges.
- Configure automatic security updates.
- Replicate list of packages from one machine to another.
- Install console packages, including:
- Install server packages, including:
- Log analyser:
- Install X environment and Openbox.
- Setup the Arc theme for Openbox, GTK2+3, and QT; Papirus icons; Ubuntu fonts.
- Install desktop packages, including:
- Download and install latest Firefox in
debian-stable-setup.sh - Setup a machine running the Debian stable release
-h print details -p PKG_LIST install packages from PKG_LIST
Run script (requires superuser privileges) …
Install the list of packages specified in
./debian-stable-setup.sh -p my-pkg-list